...but you received the Spirit of adoption. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Travel at Last!

After a long wait, we finally have a TA!  We travel on April 29 and return on May 13. We will get Isaac on the evening of May 2 or morning of May 3. Soon we will hold him tight and he will have the adoption of a daddy and mommy. If you want to keep up with the travel you can 'follow' us by clicking on the follow button in the right column.
Please pray for Isaac - that he will be ready for his forever family, and for us - that we will be prepared in every way.  I am humbled that God would consider us worthy to adopt one of his children...created in his image.  Speechless

2 comments:

Michele said...

Hi! Congrats on your TA! How exciting! I also am with AWAA, so I saw your blog link on the yahoo group.

Can I ask you a personal question? Is it normal to wait 4 months for TA? I always thought it was around 2 months wait. We are working on our I-800 stuff for our daughter waiting, and I am hopeful to travel in June. After reading your dates, I am wondering if that isn't possible anymore?

Your son is just precious! I can't wait to follow your journey in China! ONE WEEK to go!!

Michele

Harrison Spitler said...

We had expected to travel in February and think the delay is just an abnormality. God's timing is perfect! The CCAA did get a new director early in the process. Perhaps that slowed some things down. The crew at AWAA really have their act together though and have a grasp of the typical timelines.
Congratulations!